Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Steve Loves Delma

I've lost my necklace a number of times over the years when the chains broke. Every time, it's made its way back to me. The first time I flew without it, I noticed it had come off my neck while packing. I looked everywhere, and there it was, when I came back, in the trunk of the person who'd given me a ride to the airport.

But this time, I lost it in a snowstorm in a downtown Des Moines parking lot. It was promptly plowed the next day and I fear it's lost forever. Or for years anyway.

Now I haunt craft fairs and funky local jewelry stores, places I was never hot on before, hoping someone's found it and made it into a necklace I can find and buy. I visit West End Salvage, a place I love but couldn't in a million years afford, hoping someone will have found my necklace in the parking lot behind the store where I lost it more than a year ago.

I don't have many photos of me, so I don't have any good photos of my necklace, but I'll keep looking. And if you have anything you lament losing more than you think you ought, you can lament here to your heart's content.

1 comment:

  1. That's sort of a lovely image, you wandering around for this necklace. I hope you find it.

    ReplyDelete