Saturday, June 6, 2009

Lost memory

I sniggerd, as I often do at random, silly things that are only funny to me, when the ag jobs newsletter came in with a listing for Vice President. Wow, I thought dorkily to myself, he didn't last long. I expected more from... oh god. Who the hell is the vice president?

I think it took me a full minute to remember Joe Biden (an eternity of wake-up-call for someone like me who considers themselves intelligent and well read. A NYT subscriber for chrissakes. Ok, just Sunday). I really like him too, but specifically because he doesn't try to attract attention to himself. But with Obama on every single magazine, book and newspaper almost every day, he really blends into the background when they aren't together. I don't think I would have been able to forget if Hilary was VP. She hasn't given me a chance even not being P/VP.

Granted, I'm not in news anymore, so I'm not being bombarded with every single vice presidential movement and party duck. And I forgive myself since, living in Iowa, I was tired of the election and everything to do with it long, long before the actual election. Can't believe it hasn't even been a year.

No comments:

Post a Comment