Sunday, June 7, 2009

NYT

I really love the Sunday New York Times. There really aren't words for how much I love it. In fifteen years since I started my journalism degree, I've never subscribed to a newspaper. They're inky and pile up and what do you do when you miss a day and suddenly you're buried in them like a hoarding shut in.

But the Sunday NYT. After reading it, I feel informed (hey, apparently The Emmys are coming up. Who knew?) for the week ahead (even though it's the week behind). I wake up excited about it, make myself start on pancakes and clean up before I go out into the hall.

The news goes first, glancing at the headlines, skimming headlines and stories. Business usually has something interesting about both my old field (internet/computers) and new one (mortgage, for the moment). And the rest is spent in a delicious whirl of movie, TV and even ballet stories I really love, even if I have to wade through quite a bit of theater stuff.

I read with my computer open and ready. Although it's forbidden for help with the crossword (until I get really frustrated with the two answers I could figure out on my own), I have one browser window open to Netflix and one to my local library (a word about my library: awesome. Only when a book or CD is VERY new do they not have it. If only they had a suggestion form online).

The book review and magazine are usually saved on the coffee table (I will be drowning in the soon, I'm sure), and the perfect morning ends on the back page of the sports section: a whole page devoted to cars. Of course, today's is all about Lexus, which is why I'm doing this instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment